Wednesday, June 10, 2009

One Shot

Look, if you had one shot, one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted…one moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?
-- Eminem - One Shot Lyric Snippit

If you had one moment with your loved ones,
a child, a friend.... could you say that you
seized that moment.

Too often in life we go day by day, going
through the motions, losing sight of the things
that are really important to us.

I can't say that I seized every moment with
Michael, I can't say that I took advantage of
every opportunity.

I can say that I know now how important every
moment is. That every moment can touch your
soul if you let it. That if you open up and really
let that moment touch you. Give it a
shot, go ahead and practice. Share a truly
emotional deep moment with your child, parent,
sibling, friend, or coworker. You may surprise
that person, but you should find that you have
made a connection that you could hold forever.

Every day we let hundreds of moments slip by,
but try today to grasp and hold one of those
moments. Try to make that deeper connection
with someone in your life.

Carpe Diem - Just Do It! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment