Saturday, May 16, 2009

Air Fest 2009


Today and Sunday is the airfest for Tallahassee (http://eaa445.org/airfest/).  While small compared to military air shows, it looks like great fun.  You can even fly in some of the planes and helicopters for a price.  Michael would have loved going to this airshow and would have thought it was the best thing in the world.  I am not sure if he would have gone up in a plane or helicopter this time.  Maybe I would have talked him into a trip in a B-52 if it was available.  His eyes would have lit up seeing the planes and the RC planes too.  I would have video taped as much as I could.  He would have wanted me to videotape the planes on the tarmac, or he would have brought his flip cam.
We missed the airshow last year at Tyndell, we couldn't fit it into our schedule.  I tried to find another airshow this year and had several ideas, unfortunately he passed before those air shows.  With tears dripping down my face I can only think of how he would have reacted at Air Fest 2009 and wish he was still here with us.  It would have been great if all three of us would have gone.  Now I sit here thinking of what might have been and am left with the memories of the times we played with planes, star wars and lego space ships in aerial battles of "yesterday".

No comments:

Post a Comment