Sunday, May 31, 2009

Snug as a bug in a rug

I used to always tuck Michael in real tight when he was younger.  I would tell him I was tucking him in, snug as a bug in a rug.  I would roll him towards me, tuck the covers under him.  Roll him away from me and tuck the covers under his other side real tight.  I would then tuck any extra under the bottom of his feet.
He would squirm out and ask me to do it again.  He would laugh and laugh, and his face would light up like a spring sunrise in Islamorada.  Warming the damp morning air.  Michael warmed my heart with every laugh, smile, and kind word.  He loved the fun things done over and over and over.  
I have a video of when I was tucking him in and watching it makes me so sad.  Sad like a heavy load that is placed on my chest 1 brick at a time.  That breathing become laborous, and tears race down my cheek searching for the ground.
When he passed away I didn't tuck him in.  I only hope that he can tuck me and Jenn in now; snug as a bug in a rug everynight.
Again Michael, Again.

1 comment:

  1. Found this blog through Jenn's. Love your writing. Love this story. Praying for your family.

    Much love,
    Stacie Smith

    ReplyDelete